Creative team leader with 15 years of in-house experience plus agency background. Equal parts people leader, technical guru and big picture visualizer. Experienced in print and digital campaign development, trade shows, corporate events, packaging, product launch, lead generation, and inbound marketing methodology.
Solves problems with a blended approach focused on solid business strategy and design aesthetics, while inspiring team members to push ideation and execution methods. Excels in collaborative environments that provide opportunities to work on a wide range of projects. Continuous record of high performance results in exceeding marketing objectives through design as an individual contributor, and leading a motivated team as an effective supervisor.
- Provided operational and inspirational guidance to a 12+ member in-house creative team split between three offices in North America, while adhering to global brand standards.
- Implemented Workfront project management and process improvements to simplify task request, collaboration, and proofing workflows. Prioritized over 1500 projects annually based on business objectives set by leadership.
- Interpreted creative briefs provided by internal and external clients to decrease ambiguity. Provided clear and concise direction to minimize execution time, align on timeline expectations and secure budget.
- Developed global/regional multi-faceted campaigns and messaging across digital, print, social and event outlets.
- Utilized Hubspot marketing automation platform to deploy campaign assets for lead generation and accelerate sales funnel advancement with target audiences.
- Fostered better problem solving and innovative ideas with curiosity-driven brainstorming to deeply understand the business, products, technology, people and process goals of every project.
- Mentored team to drive associate engagement by targeting individual motivational needs for career development while meeting business objectives. Highest direct supervisor effectiveness score of 93% in the marketing team.
- Managed vendor relationships to ensure capacity flexibility, delivery by deadlines, and cost efficiency. Worked with indirect procurement team to realize cost savings in print and creative expenditures of 5%+ YOY.
- Enforced required approval processes of marketing materials through necessary legal and regulatory entities to ensure compliance with quality and audit systems in an FDA regulated environment.
KaVo Kerr (Danaher Corporation), Wood Dale IL
2016–2018, Director of Creative Services, NA
2015–2016, Creative Director, Imaging
2011–2015, Sr. Art Director, Imaging
2007–2011, Graphic Designer, Gendex
Progressive roles with increased responsibility, beginning as the sole designer for the Gendex brand, to building an in-house design team for this dental industry leader, part of a Fortune 150 company. Key member of the marketing leadership team working closely with category and product management to hit lead generation and product launch goals. Brands included DEXIS, Gendex, KaVo, Kerr, i-CAT, Instrumentarium Dental, NOMAD, Pelton & Crane, Soredex.
FUSION b2b (formerly Ross/Brown IMC), Naperville IL
2005–2007, Art Director and Internet Director
Integrated marketing agency with several dental, healthcare, technology, and construction clients. Designed for print and digital, web programming, project management, photo direction. Clients included Concentra, Dentsply, FC Lighting, ITW, Nobel Biocare, USG Sheetrock.
InnerWorkings (formerly CoreVision Group), Carol Stream IL
2003–2005, Art Director
Print brokerage and fulfillment company turned full service marketing communications firm. Managed the art department with mostly print and promotional product projects in B2B and B2C segments. Clients included FranklinCovey, Greenies, Mid-Continent Public Library, Roseland Hospital.
Johnson Marketing Group, Orland Park IL
2003–2003, Graphic Designer
Collaborated directly with the Account Executives and Creative Director taking projects from concept to production in a variety of media in both print and digital formats at a strategic marketing agency. Clients included BISCO, Formax, MB Financial, Sysco.
DePaul University, Chicago IL
BA, Creative Arts Management
Enrolled in DePaul’s School for New Learning, transferring credits from University of Illinois and Parkland College to craft a degree focusing on creative process while incorporating management courses like Professional Coaching, Project Management, Ethical Business Behaviors to enhance business and management knowledge.
Parkland College, Champaign IL
AAS with Honors, Mass Communications/Graphic Design
Web Design and Management Certificate
Built on the design aesthetic foundations from the University of Illinois to refocus career path to graphic and web design.
University of Illinois, Urbana IL
Curriculum in Architecture & Landscape Architecture
Member Alpha Rho Chi, professional architecture fraternity
Began to acquire basic design concepts, rendering techniques, life drawing, and AutoCAD/3D modeling software skills. Fraternity leadership roles: Vice President, Pledge Trainer, Rush Chair, Social Chair, Web Administrator.
Responsive Web Design
Danaher Business System University
Performance for Growth
Problem Solving Process
Project Management Forum
INBOUND Annual Conference
Writing for Business Communication
Digital & Print Ads
Product Launch Events
Sales Incentive Programs
Adobe Creative Cloud